—————-19 September 2022 —————–
Harvard Medical School Stealth Spinout: Fall Research Internship Opportunity
A Harvard Medical School stealth spinout is offering a paid research internship opportunity to a clinical trainee, PhD, MS or final-year undergraduate student.
The internship will chiefly focus on scientific assessment of proteins and pathways of interest, scientific literature reviews, basic patent searching and target and asset prioritization. The research intern will be expected to prepare written materials supporting their analyses and present their findings. The post will require approximately 5-10 hours of work per week for a duration of 3 months, with an option for extension for exceptional performers. The position poses a great opportunity to get hands-on experience in biotech company building and drug discovery. The intern will be paid a competitive salary at an industry-standard rate.
- Must be a graduate student (PhD, MD, MS), clinical resident, or senior undergraduate student, conducting biomedical research at a top institution
- Strong scientific acumen and curiosity, ability to navigate biomedical fields including gene therapy and molecular and cell biology. A basic understanding of the drug discovery process is helpful, but not required.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Resourceful, proactive, and independent: able to function at a high level with intermittent supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
About the Company:
The company is developing a novel gene therapy delivery modality for an array of rare diseases. Work to date has been funded by the National Institutes of Health, Harvard Medical School, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a number of U.S. venture capital funds, including the Harvard Innovation Lab’s Allston Venture Fund, backed exclusively by six funds: Bain Capital, General Catalyst, Polaris Partners, Highland Capital, Underscore VC and GETTYLAB.
All applicants should use the following link to apply: https://us1qkh6xiow.typeform.com/to/pGsxMiwf